Σάββατο 30 Ιουνίου 2018

TALK ME DOWN , VICTORIA DAHL

Molly is back in town and with a very juicy secret...



Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog.
This is my first English post because when I read a book in English the critique will be also in English.  So let's begin.
First of all, I would like to say that I never knew that I would read a book like that. Victoria Dahl was a writer I didn't know about but the book cover and the title got my attention and I started reading this book. Talk Me Down was a good time. The story was basic, the mystery was easily solved, and I doubt I'll remember much else about the book other than the fact that it was cute, funny, and sexy.  
More specifically, it’s a highly entertaining contemporary romance romp with sexy, funny dialogue, a quirky, albeit often frustrating heroine, a sexy-as-sin, sweet hero, and even a stalker subplot with lots of twists thrown in for some added intrigue. I thoroughly enjoyed the clever writing, laugh-out-loud humour, and steamy hot romance. Now let's take a look at the summary of the story as told by me.

Erotic romance novelist Molly Jennings returns to her small, isolated hometown of Tumble Creek, Colorado after inheriting her aunt’s house to escape an ex-boyfriend who just can’t seem to get the hint that it's over and with the hope of finding inspiration for her next book in longtime crush, chief of police Ben Lawson, who’s been the subject of her fantasies for the past ten years. Ben’s harboured some fantasies of his own where Molly’s concerned, and now that she’s back and no longer just his best friend’s kid sister, he’s finding her harder to resist than ever before, especially when she pulls out all the stops in the seduction department.
Ben falls hard and fast for Molly and wants a serious relationship, but her secretive ways and selfish behaviour cause trust issues and a distance between them. Ben was way more patient and understanding with Molly than she deserved, and there were times that I really thought she needed a good reality smack upside the head.  

What I like most about the entire book were Ben Lawson and his beautiful and well-described character. He's a seemingly quiet, serious, conservative sheriff and a tender, caring, patient, sweet, all around good guy...but then get him in the bedroom and becomes a King of Molly's love life. I'm sure that every woman that is now reading this post will totally agree with me if she reads this book.
In the end, "Talk Me Down" is a delightful contemporary romance that’s sexy and can hold you in your chair for an entire day.

P.S Oh, oh! And I really, really like the shoes on the front cover! They are so cute!

With Love,
MissReader aka Leni Chris 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου