Κυριακή 23 Δεκεμβρίου 2018

ALASKAN HOLIDAY BY DEBBIE MACOMBER

Sometimes you just need an easy, cosy story and an inviting setting is a bonus!



Welcome back, everyone !!!
It's Christmas Time !!!!
The best time of the entire year.

I am back with new, updated content which I am sure you will enjoy as much as I enjoy creating them for you.
Now let's discuss a book that I finished last night with a warm, sweet cup of coffee. It's a Christmas story called, Alaskan Holiday written by Debbie Macomber. Now let's talk about the synopsis.

Josie Avery is a sous chef, and she’s been hired to work at a fancy Seattle restaurant, but just before she starts, she decides to spend a summer cooking at a lodge in Alaska. There she makes friends with two men, Jack Corcoran and Palmer Saxon. She and Palmer grow especially close, but Josie keeps in the back of her mind she’ll be leaving soon. Palmer has other plans and wants to marry her. Josie is not able to return to Seattle because of poor timing for the last boat out before winter, and she may lose her dream job. The holidays are extra magical in this small Alaskan town and a sweet story evolves for Josie and Palmer.

A quick and amusing read perfect for this busy time of year. The winter setting paired with it actually being winter in my country had me snuggled up with a blanket and a cup of coffee as I settled in for an easy and enjoyable read.

With her beautiful descriptions of the Alaskan wilderness, Debbie Macomber somehow manages to make living in a small and remote Alaskan town sound so appealing. The town residents all look out for each other and you really feel the sense of community. There's just something about a nice clean love story at Christmas, and Debbie Macomber knows how to write them.
One of my favourite characters in this community is Jack; he’s quirky and self-assured, kindhearted, and a true friend. Some of his ideas may be a little off-the-wall, but he definitely means well and is just trying to help those around him find happiness.

To me is another wonderful contemporary romance set over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. It took a minute to warm up to Palmer in this one but soon I found myself enjoying all of the characters including those surrounding Josie and Palmer. With a few laughs and some heartfelt moments, the story quickly reminded me of why I became a fan of the author and I’d definitely recommend checking it out. A heartwarming story of life and love.
As we read the author gives us both sides of the dilemma that now hounds these two, the beginnings of love. We also get to see through their eyes the beauty of this desolate land and how these people cope year-round. There is a theme of food here, and you’re going to love the character of Jack as I mentioned before. This story will keep you page turning and wanting more once that final page is turned. 

All in all, Alaskan Holiday is a romantic tale about the unplanned and unexpected choices two people have to make in life. It's about selflessness, compromise and what makes one happy.
Easy, breezy writing, a cosy and warm setting, the magical time of Christmas, and a couple looking to find love; Alaskan Holiday is a charming story, and this was just the type of palate cleanser I needed before I jump back into some heavier reads.
Love you,
MissReader aka Leni
P.S In this book, I needed a highlighter for every chapter and it's full of annotations.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου