Δευτέρα 24 Δεκεμβρίου 2018

WHAT YOU NEED BY LORELEI JAMES


“Show me that wild man.”
WARNING ,  THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS !!!!
 


Good morning everyone and happy Christmas Eve !!!

In today's post, we'll be discussing a quit steamy read by Lorelei James. So I will recommend if you don't read that kind of books, skip this review. Now let's get into the business.

Lennox Greene is a floater in a temp group for Lund Industries in Minneapolis. Brady Lund is the workaholic CFO at the family-owned and operated company. She has recreated herself from a pretty tough start in life and he's trying to loosen up and, at his family's urging, have more of a life outside of work. Lennox has admired him from a distance and when Brady happens to show up at the dive from her past, he witnesses her letting loose and decides she's who he needs as a "tutor.
Great intro that pulled me in. I really liked both Lennox and Brady. They have totally different backgrounds and I enjoyed learning their stories. They had great interactions, a bit of verbal sparring and animosity happening. It was just so fun and entertaining to watch and that animosity grew into more. Great development as they get to know each other and things move forward.

Brady Lund eats, sleep and breaths Lund Industries, literally. He’s a workaholic; he works seven days a week almost 24 hours a day. He even has a semi-secret bedroom and shower in his office. He has a reputation around the office…he’s a shark, he’s all suit and tie, he’s no-nonsense, he’s a numbers guy.
When the other Lund siblings and cousins feel the need to stage an intervention to get him to live a little, Brady is more than a little resistant. But when his prim and proper office dream literally falls into his arms (dressed like his best wet-dream) on the night his family forces him to go out…well, Brady’s thinking this might not be such a bad idea after all.
Lennox Greene is no longer the rebellious teenager with the strung-out mother. Rings have been removed from the piercings, covered are the tattoos and gone is the chip on the shoulder, well sort of. The Lennox Greene of today where’s buttoned-up blouses and pencil skirts; she’s the picture of a conservative. Except for when her boss comes around.
Lennox manages to keep any trace of her past covered until the night she decides to hang out with old friends and finds herself in the arms of none other than Mr Suit himself, Brady Lund. If Lennox thought Brady looked good in a suit, the casual look he sported made her salivate.

I absolutely loved these two. Brady was so much more than I initially expected him to be. Let me give you a part that I absolutely fell in love with.

The first time I saw her, I nearly walked into a wall. Not the behaviour expected from the CFO of a multibillion-dollar corporation. And not the behaviour I wanted the willowy blonde with the killer legs to witness. I’d suffered through too many years of being the gangly, bumbling, tongue-tied twerp to even approach her.

“Sydney. You were an English major. What’s the difference between dispersing and disburse?” “Disburse means to pay out money. Disperse means to go in different directions,” a deep male voice answered……“Thank you for the clarification, Mr Lund.”…..“I shouldn’t have to clarify that since you’ve worked here for—what, ten months? Financial terms should be familiar to you by now.” He was chastising me?
It seemed he and Lennox didn’t really get off to a good start. It was like they couldn’t help insulting each other and this was pretty much what their first few interactions were like. I honestly expected Lennox to be the more dominant personality but she too showed her flaws and wore them proudly.

I loved the banter in this book. And it wasn’t just between Lennox and Brady. It was Brady’s secretary, Jenna.
Jenna knocked twice and walked in. Why she bothered to knock escaped me; there was no pause between the knock and her entrance. One time when I asked her why she knocked first, she said her Midwestern upbringing was too ingrained to just barge in.
This book was riddled with humorous banter. I found myself giggling out loud more than once. I love family series books and I especially love books about siblings. This is book number one in the Need You series and I can’t wait to read the rest. I really loved the writing in this book, this was one of those books where I could actually picture the scenes in my head like I was watching a movie. I loved following Brady and Lennox overcome their insecurities and navigate their relationship and most importantly, I loved watching them (in my head) fall in love!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this first spoiler critic from me and let me know if you prefer spoiler non-spoiler reviews for the future. Enjoy your Christmas Eve Day with family and even if you're working, do it with positiveness.
Stay hydrated and read books !!!

Love you,

MissReader aka Leni

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου